Washington DC Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
Impaired drivers cause thousands of car accidents every year. When drivers disregard the safety of others by getting behind the wheel under the influence of alcohol or other substances, they should be held accountable for their carelessness. If you or a loved one was injured in a crash caused by a drunk driving accident, our lawyers can help.
The attorneys at the DC Car Accident Help Center have a reputation for aggressively pursuing cases against impaired motorists. We stand firm in our conviction that no family should ever have to suffer the consequences of another person’s selfishness.
Our Goals for Your Case
Drunk driving accidents often result in serious injuries. We have represented clients who have suffered traumatic brain injuries, paralysis, and spinal cord injuries due to a drunk driver’s negligence.
In every case, our goal is to make sure our clients get the maximum amount of compensation available. Some injuries take years to heal. Others never truly heal completely. In these cases, the injury victim may require damages that span the rest of his or her life. We work tirelessly to make sure you never have to worry about paying your bills or getting the care you need to reclaim your lifestyle.
Sobering Facts about Drunk Driving Accidents
Everyone knows it’s a crime to drive drunk. The reality is that very few drivers get behind the wheel with the intent to deliberately hurt someone. Unfortunately, many people underestimate the effects of alcohol. They think they’re fine to drive, or that it’s okay to drive because it’s just a short trip. This is how catastrophic accidents happen.
- With a blood alcohol concentration of .08 percent, an individual is three times more likely than a sober individual to cause a car accident.
- Approximately 80 percent of drunk driving accidents are caused by people with no DUI arrests in the previous three years.
- People drive drunk about 300,000 times each day, however, just 3,200 of these drivers are arrested.
- About half of all drivers killed in drunk driving crashes tested positive for both drugs and alcohol.
- In 2014 alone, more than 1.1 million people were arrested for impaired driving.
Washington DC Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Are Ready to Help You
Drunk drivers are responsible for one-third of all traffic accidents. If you were injured as a driver, passenger, pedestrian, or motorcyclist in a drunk driving or impaired driving crash, you deserve compensation for your injuries and other damages. Call our Maryland and Washington DC drunk driving accident lawyers today to learn how we can help.